http://www.bowsandsequins.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/sperry-pink-laces-600×600.jpeg This week was kind of a struggle for me! I kicked off the year on such a strong note last week, but I just felt off this week. I couldn’t concentrate to save my life, I’ve been sleeping poorly, and I just felt unmotivated overall. Ugh, not a good feeling! I’ve slowly been working my way out of it…
This week was kind of a struggle for me! I kicked off the year on such a strong note last week, but I just felt off this week. I couldn’t concentrate to save my life, I’ve been sleeping poorly, and I just felt unmotivated overall. Ugh, not a good feeling! I’ve slowly been working my way out of it though with some of my tried and true get-out-of-a-rut tips… Let me know if you want me to share them here on the blog!
Hallie and I went to dinner at Bavette’s on Wednesday night and it was just what the doctor ordered… A few hours without my phone and chatting with my bestie is always a nice change of pace! Oh, and the food?! SO SO SO GOOD. You have to make a reservation, ASAP. (PS: Check out a few of my other Chicago favorites on my Travel Guide!)
- Chicago peeps, this one is for you: My go-to fresh food delivery app sadly shut down a few months ago (probably because I was away traveling so much last year ), but I just found a new one that is basically the same thing! Eat Purely… Have you heard of it?! I never had until I saw a flier for a free meal when I was Orange Theory Fitness last week. I tried it out and LOVED IT! All ingredients are organic, all of the nutrition info is listed in the app and also when the food arrives, and the delivery was so fast, too. (Like, 10 minutes.) So far, I’ve tried the Tennessee BBQ Chicken (under 500 calories), Pineapple Fried Rice (can’t remember the calories), and side of Broccoli. I really liked all of it… The Pineapple Fried Rice and Broccoli side were SO SO GOOD. The PFR was so big that I had enough for dinner and lunch the next day, too. Feel free to use code JESSICAS33 for a $20 credit to try it out!
- Ten entrepreneurs give their tips for quitting your day job and becoming your own boss… (My friend Meghan is featured!) Everything You Need to Know to Quit Your Day Job This Year, Glamour
- I’m about due for a New York trip! I get the itch when it’s been a few months. (With all of my international travels in the fall, I haven’t been since NYFW in September! Way too long.) Anyway, I’ve been seeing Inscape everywhere and I CANNOT WAIT to try it out! (Loeffler Randall just posted about it on their blog with a Q&A from the Inscape team.) I’ve wanted to get into meditation for the longest time, but I just can’t do it on my own so far. Have any of my NYers tried it yet?! I’ll definitely report back when I go. Theres a code for a free class and a free month of their app here!
- Liz wrote the most heartwarming letter from herself now to herself when her son was born. Obviously I’m nowhere near being a new mom, but I definitely teared up reading it. I don’t know how all of you moms do it, honestly!
- I discovered the chicest line of snow and ski gear. The worst brand name, but the cutest apparel! Aspen, I need you in my life ASAP.
- Another CHIC AF site I found this week… CHRLDR. OBSESSED, YOU GUYS. I can’t even narrow down my favorite things… I currently have approximately 15 things in my shopping cart. This pack of greeting cards is everything. There is a tee with a frenchie that says, “Pardon My French.” Need I say more? This banana leaf bikini is a must have, as is this navy one. All of the très bien merchandise, enough said. PS: Shopbop carries some of their items, too!
- Umm, hot pink laces in your Sperrys?! Obsessed.
- Ever wondered the differences between all of the Canada Goose jacket? SAME. Behold, The Canada Goose Guide.
- Speaking of, I found A TON of Canada Goose jackets (in all sizes and colors!!) still available here.
- Donut snow tube. Need I say more?
- Mackenzie’s living room is just the cutest.
- Grace shares everything you’ve ever wanted to know about face oils. I’m a huge face oil fan, too, but I’ve yet to try her top 5 favorites. Have you tried any of them?! A few of my favorites… Caudalie Detox Oil, Sunday Riley Luna, and of course, La Mer. I’ve heard great things about this one from Origins, but haven’t tried it yet.
- Speaking of La Mer, this is more of a serum, but I’m dying to try this new product!
- Organicgirl is giving away a year of free salads, dressings, and green juice! Um, YES PLEASE. Be sure to enter here.
- I could look at Jess’ photos for days. How great is this polar bear coat?
- I I loved Blair’s seven words she’s living by this year.
- How perfect are these bow flats?!
- I tried the new FireStarter class at Equinox yesterday and it was awesome… A quick 30 minute workout that gets your cardio in for the day. No machines necessary!
Have a great weekend, friends! See you back here next week. xo