1. My lovely sister-in-law, Becca, was in town this week (not to be confused with my Aunt Rebecca who was in town last week so Phoebe resorted to calling this week’s Becca, “the new Aunt Becca”) and gave us some invaluable photography tips which Simon put to use with this photo … … I thought it was fitting today for…
… I thought it was fitting today for March Madness and those super duper festive nod to St. Patrick’s Day pants. B likes to go sit in this chair in the girls room and just wait for Phoebe to come in and freak. If you’d like me to dedicate a post to peaceful sibling relationships – just say the word.
2. What did you think of the Bachelor finale (if you watched)? I know Nick and Vanessa are getting a lot of criticism for looking miserable on After the Final Rose but I loved Sharleen’s take (surprise, surprise) since she’s a good friend of Nick’s. Simon was Team Raven all the way and I just thought that they chose to show the more serious side of Vanessa or maybe I’m just an optimist and hopeless romantic but I do hope they make it. And I’m counting down to Rachel’s season (guy number 4 was my favorite from Monday night) like the fanatic that I am. Also! I hope Luke breaks up with Danielle L and dates Raven – one can HOPE.
3. After reading and enjoying Nantucket Sisters I couldn’t help but notice that a bunch of Nancy Thayer titles were ready and available at the library so I plowed through The Island House and just started Summer Breeze. I’ll just blame the pregnancy for my sophisticated literary taste du jour. Sudio Sweden recently sent me a pair of their wireless earbuds which have all but revolutionized my audiobook/podcasting experience (dishwasher unloading! putting away laundry!) and if you’d like to snag a pair for yourself you can use code: CampPatton for 15% off your order 🙂
4. Kate gives a much better and more succinct explanation but in short! She, Bridget, and I started a little Facebook group to share online deals we might otherwise miss (like these $6 dresses today and today only!) and it’s been a lot of fun. The group is closed but just ask to join and I’ll add you lickety split.
5. Joy and her family have been in town this past week and it’s been just as miraculous as you might imagine to see her doing so well in person. I just wanted to thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers for her incredible recovery!
7. Big St. Patrick’s Day plans? Was your diocese granted a dispensation today? My kids didn’t even get Lucky Charms for breakfast – I’m not sure how they’re surviving childhoods dripping with such sad depravity (but the day is young, I guess).
Have a good one!!